About MDV Database
Why is MDV Database Selected
Large Scale Database
- Covering approximately 23 percent of acute hospitals
- More than 1 million health claims each month
- Possible to analyze on rare diseases, detailed conditions of medication/disease, and so on
Overwhelming Elderly Patient Data
- Collect health claim data from all insurance type (Social/National/Latter-Stage Elderly Insurance)
- Possible to analyze number of patients based on diseases commonly seen in elderly population
Monthly Data Update
- Data updated monthly
- Possible to utilized data 2 months prior to the after data update
Data Collection to Data Utilization
MDV provides business support system which collects administrative data where MDV requests secondary consent to utilize for secondary utilization.
The data is anonymized at the hospitals where the data is processed into the data where extracted data then can be utilized by over 100 companies from pharmaceutical companies, medical device manufacturers, academia, research institution, and health insurance providers.
Database Available for Commercial Utilization in Japan
There are generally three kind of databases available in Japan including pharmacy claims database, hospital based database, and health insurance societies database. Each individual database has its advantages and disadvantages so please consider which database will be best feasible for your research.