Anonymously Processed Information
The Purpose of Use of Personal Information (Personal Data)
MDV will use its acquired personal information (personal data) for the following purposes and will not manage it in any way that goes beyond the limits required to fulfill those purposes.
Personal Information (Personal Data) Acquired from the Users of MDV’s Products and Services
- Investigations and analyses for product development and quality improvement
- Medical data investigations and analyses
- To provide MDV’s web services (This includes information relating to service content and management methods, as well as information relating to the maintenance of the services, information about identity authentication, communication, etc.)
- Business activities, marketing through postal items, telephone, or electronic mail to provide information and services relating to MDV’s business
- Other operations incidental or related to the before mentioned articles
Personal Information (Personal Data) Provided to MDV through Inquiries, Business Cards, or Other Methods
Business activities, marketing through postal items, telephone, or electronic mail to provide information and services relating to MDV’s business
Information Relating to the Access of the Internet Server MDV Administrates and Manages (Including IP Addresses and Cookies)
Site content improvement
Purpose of separate notification to the user when their personal information (personal data) is acquired
Provisions to Third Parties
MDV will not provide acquired personal information to third parties without obtaining the user’s consent beforehand. This excludes the following cases.
- When outsourcing the management of personal information to the limits required to fulfill the purpose of use
- When the provision of such information is required to safeguard human life, body, or assets and obtaining the consent of the user is difficult
- When the provision of personal information is requested by law
- When it is in accordance with other acts and laws
Personal Information (Personal Data) Retention Period
MDV will retain personal information (personal data) for the period required to fulfill the above-mentioned purposes, or for periods in accordance with acts and laws; the information will be quickly deleted once the retention period has passed.
Management of Information Concerning ‘My Number’
Regardless of the details listed in the previous ‘The purpose of use of personal information’ and ‘Provisions to third-parties’ sections, MDV manages ‘My Number’ and ‘identifying personal information’ in the following ways based on the ‘Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures’(*1) (My Number Act from henceforth).
- They will only be collected and used within the limits absolutely required for business as regulated by in the My Number Act.
- My Numbers that are no longer required for business will be quickly disposed of as regulated by in the My Number Act.
- Documents containing My Numbers will be quickly disposed of once the legal retention period has passed when the provision of such information is required to safeguard human life, body, or assets and obtaining the consent of the user is difficult.
- Regardless of the consent of the user, the collection, and use of My Numbers and identifying personal information as well as provisions of such information to third parties will not be performed for business purposes other than those regulated in the My Number Act.
*1: Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures. Japanese Law number Act No. 27 of May 31, 2013.
Provisions of Anonymously Processed Information to Third-parties
MDV performs various analyses and other operations on anonymously processed
information provided by third parties, such as medical institutions, and provides anonymously processed owned information to third parties. Information relating to individuals included in the anonymously processed information provided to third parties are as follows.
- DPC(*2) data (E files and F files and Form 1, and D files)
- Outpatient data in E files and F files
- Electronic receipt (Medical departments and DPC)
- Increase and decrease point report
- Clinical examination value data
- Other information that is rationally recognized as having a relation to the before mentioned information articles
*2: Diagnostic Procedures Combination is similar to Diagnosis-related group (DRG) in United States.
However, in the above data, if the information acquired identifies the patient, then it will be processed in the following way when it is received from the medical institution or any other source. In addition, in the above data, no names, addresses, or phone numbers will be included.
- Birth date: Changed to birth month and year as well as age at time of admission
- Postal code: Changed to only the first three numbers (The last four will be deleted)
- Information relating to various insurance cards: Changed to just the insurer number (*3)
*3: An insurer number is a number that identifies each of health insurance association or municipalities.
The before mentioned anonymously processed information is provided using the following methods.
- Downloaded from the server that MDV manages
- Uploaded to the server that the provider manages
- Sent with an external recording media
MDV will endeavor to safeguard its personal information by performing safety management so that the personal information that MDV manages is not leaked, illegally accessed, lost, altered, etc. through taking required and or appropriate security measures. MDV will also perform development and educational training for its staff and will supervise the management of personal information that has been outsourced in order to make sure that its safety management is completely thorough.
Personal Information Protection Administrator
MDV Information Security Manager
Procedure for Responding to Requests for Disclosure, etc.
MDV will, within the rational limits based on acts and laws, quickly respond to any requests to know about the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, suspension of use, or provision to a third-party of the personal information (personal data) that MDV owns after confirming that the request was made by the person in subject.
For any complaints and consultations about MDV’s personal information management please inquire at the following personal information consultation counter.